Monday 10 December 2012

This Blank Feeling…

I don’t know what to do.

This feeling is weird. I’ve had it for a long while, but it’s only now that I have fully realised the gravity of the situation. It’s bad… It’s really bad… and I don’t know what to do about it.

I feel blank.

Completely and utterly blank.

This blankness feels strange in me. It is like I’m some sort of robot that can’t think any creative thoughts. My mind feels disconnected from the being that has been giving me creative input all this time.

It’s not your typical writer’s block. Writer’s block is an excuse for not being able to write. It usually stems from the frustrating feeling that whatever you write is not going to be perfect, or from where an idea simply does not want to form on the piece of paper.

I don’t know what it is, but I don’t have a single idea in my head. It’s almost like I’m on auto-pilot and some part of me is controlling what I’m doing and I am merely watching this all unfold in front of my eyes. It’s horrific!

Maybe I am making up excuses in order not to write, but when I try to think of an idea, it feels like I’m hitting a wall. I need to tear this wall down! It’s blocking my creative flow and preventing me from reaching my awesome state of creative nirvana. If I don’t do something about it, then I might die horribly, but mostly emotionally, from not being able to mix words and thoughts together to share my message to the people of a great story.

What if story ideas did come from little elves? That would actually explain a lot of my life if it happened to be like that. Where is my elf or muse or daemon or creative spirit? I want my juices and I want it now! I want to feel energy flow from my finger tips on to the keyboard that digitally inscribes my words of storytelling onto the white digital piece of ethereal paper.

Oh wait…

I think my daemon has come back. He floated in from the window. I wonder where he has been. Does he know the suffering that he has put me under? Oh well, that doesn’t matter right now. What’s important is that he is back and ready to work…

…because I can feel an idea coming on.

How do you deal with your creative dilemmas? What methods do you use to get yourself writing again? Please tell me. I would like to know. Sharing knowledge is the best way to beat a universal problem.

Dante…