Wednesday 5 December 2012

WRITER'S BLOCK

For a year now I've been suffering from writer's block. Every time I've tried to write something to publish, there has been a serious blackout and a tabula rasa has stayed as tabula rasa. I've been trying to find out the reasons for my writer's block and here's some thoughts: 

Writing a blog with hundreds of readers little by little started to feel like an obligation. I didn't want my (old Plastic Bag) blog to be just another lifestyle blog with boring "what I did today" -posts. I guess one of the reasons why my blog got so popular at the first place was because it stood out with the "different and funny" things I made. But inventing funny and clever stuff all the time can be difficult especially because I was going through very hard times in my personal life.

So finally I decided to finish my Plastic Bag -blog and start a new blog that I wouldn't have to update regularly, more like a homepage for my works. Somehow that soon started to bore me as well. I'm too restless person for having just a DIY-blog, music blog, fashion blog etc. I have too much stuff in my head that just doesn't fit under my art/ DIY stuff -section and no place where to share it, because Facebook isn't the right place all that kind of shit. What to do?

I asked advice from my boyfriend and he said "don't think too much, just do it" and "try to imagine that the text you write is just another pig's nose you make". (Pushing his nose to make it look like a pig's is my huge passion btw).

Anyway, I'm not sure what's the main point behind this text. Maybe this is the first pig's nose text I'm writing or something. This is also a great moment to thank the readers who are still following me, even if I've been quite boring blogger lately. If you have any advices for writer's block or submissions for me as a blogger, I'm listening.

Have a peaceful autumn!

Ps. I want this!